Tuesday, September 9, 2014

La Vache

Steak, bearnaise sauce, and unlimited fries?! Sounds like heaven to me. La Vache has been super hot since opening 1-2? years ago and I've been DYING to try this place. They only take reservations for 5+ people and I tried to go once for dinner with 4 people but the wait was ridiculous so I had to sadly wait for another time. This time we went for lunch and although we did make a reservation I think it is much easier to get a table during lunch time. The tables were half filled when I first arrived at 12:30 and the place slowly filled up but it did not seem like there would be difficulty in getting a table if you just walked in. La Vache pays homage to the famous Relais de Venise in Paris which serves just one menu of salad, steak, and fries (with their special sauce). The atmosphere was cute and you will be greeted with a large red neon sign as you walk in. I liked the cute little drawings on the menu and the paintings on the walls with the wine bottles in front. Service was also friendly and prompt.



I got a drink since the rest of my lunch party was not here yet... although it's not like I ever really need an excuse to get a drink :p 




Salad with Walnuts
The salad was fine, nothing special but the dressing was tangy and was a nice start to the meal. The addition of walnuts also gave it a nice crunch.


Entrecote Steak - Medium Rare and Rare
The steak was very tender and quite fatty - just how I like it. I usually prefer fatter cuts such as ribeye so this was perfect. Entrecote is approximately the ribeye section and I got it rare because it sits on a metal plate with a candle under. I loved the char on the outside and the bearnaise sauce was also yummy. One piece of steak was leaner than the others so perhaps if you prefer that you can tell the server. 

DROOL

Unlimited Fries 
The fries were SO good. They are on the crispier side and they were so delicious and I inhaled my first pile in a heartbeat. The second serving of fries was less fresh which was unfortunate but they were still very good. I loved dipping them in the bernaise sauce, ultimate fatty indulgence (apart from my usual fries and mayo)

Profiteroles with Ice Cream
I heard that there is a dessert cart during dinner service but we were given these profiteroles during lunch. It was a rather large dessert but a nice end to our meal. I think maybe one profiterole would have been enough as a small sweet treat to finish off the meal. 

Overall I loved La Vache!! The food was delicious and it was a really enjoyable lunch! I would love to come again for dinner with a group and indulge in wine and cocktails. Unfortunately it was a weekday lunch so we kept the alcohol level low. I will definitely be returning!

La Vache
48 Peel Street
Central
Hong Kong

No comments:

Post a Comment