Friday, September 5, 2014

La Parole

My mom has been on a recent little streak of trying new restaurants and I am very pleased about it! Usually her and my dad like to stick to tried and trusted restaurants and we will only sometimes try new places when I am a little more pushy. My mom told my dad and I about this new place that she really enjoyed called La Parole that apart from serving delicious food also has a charitable story behind it. According to the website:

"Every dollar you spend in La Parole, after deducting necessary expenses, will be contributed to Benji’s Centre. Benji’s Centre was founded in 2004, it is the first and only charitable organization providing specialized one-to-one professional speech therapy to children and teenagers from low-income families. Benji’s Centre is currently serving over 370 children and has helped over 1,900 children since its establishment."

I am always excited to try out and support a institution with a meaningful cause so we made reservations to dine there. The executive chef also has impressive accolades and graduated with a renowned French culinary school. Unfortunately, my dad and I were not as smitten with the restaurant as my mother. The food was actually good, but it just wasn't very memorable and had that "western food cooked by a cantonese" vibe to it. The presentation was also thoughtful and very detailed, but at times seemed a little confused as you can judge for yourself in the photos. I think that instead of doing french food, perhaps they could try out a more unique cuisine or concept since the Hong Kong dining scene is so competitive. While the dining experience was fine, I would not be particularly yearning for a 2nd visit. But if you are curious about this restaurant or want to support this cause, do come for a visit because you can tell that care and thought has been put into these dishes.








La Parole 
3/F
The Pemberton 
22-26 Bonham Strand
Sheung Wan
Hong Kong

No comments:

Post a Comment