Tuesday, July 8, 2014

ARTillery

One thing that I've been very surprised about Phnom Penh is it's amount of healthy and organic eateries. I initially was a bit unsure about going to Artillery because I usually am not the most keen about these healthy places that place special emphasis on organic healthy produce because I am not a huge fan of salad and that also usually means meat free (oh no). BUT it has actually become one of my favorite places to do lunch in Phnom Penh and I'm really glad that I tried out this place. The menu actually does contain some meat options but I actually prefer the vegetarian dishes. The falafel and hummus is DELICIOUS and the bruschetta is also very yummy. The atmosphere is super cute and bright and I always have a good time here.

Herb Falafel - Served with Hummus, Babaganoush, Salsa Verde, Pita Bread and Salad 
The falafel is different than the ones most people are used to, they are much more pureed and lack that grainy and robust flavor. However, I still really like Artillery's rendition and the hummus, salsa, and babaganoush are all excellent. The falafels taste like little hummus croquettes, they have a soft smooth center and a thin crispy outside layer. Some may prefer the more authentic version where it is more dense and bolder in flavor, but I still really enjoy the falafel here! Some people who are extra careful has also chosen not to eat the salad but since I have trained my tummy with years and years of street food nomming I eat everything in sight and have not been sick at all :D

Live Bruschetta - Fresh Bruschetta with Raw Tomatoes, Shallot, Lime, Basil, and Himalayan Pink Rock Salt. Served on Toasted Bread rubbed with Garlic 
I don't really know why they call the bruschetta live... maybe to hype up how very fresh it is? But either way this is SO fresh and bursting with bright flavors that I don't really care about the silly name. You are presented with perfectly toasted bread and a mountain of tomatoes that are all cut up into perfect little pieces with just the right amount of seasoning. Of course being the graceful person that I am I accidentally flipped the entire bread upside down onto the table after a few bites..... 

You can add homemade sweet potato and taro chips! Super yummy


Basil and Garlic Hummus - with vegetable dipping sticks and warm pita bread 
Mmmmmmmm the hummus is soooo good here. I usually hate carrot sticks but these were actually quite agreeable with me. 

Raw Carrot Cake
This was very interesting but probably not something I will order again. It was a very very dense carrot patty with intense spices. I appreciate the creativity, but I much prefer real carrot cake with an obscene amount of cream cheese frosting! 

Overall I think Artillery is a lovely place for a healthy and delicious lunch. I have been there maybe 4-5 times already and I will definitely be returning! There are two locations in Phnom Penh and I have been going to the BKK1 outlet. 

ARTillery 
Street 278
#13B
BKK1
Phnom Penh
Cambodia

No comments:

Post a Comment