Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Rikitikitavi

A bunch of us went to Kampot and Kep for a weekend getaway and like always I was super excited to research all the places that we should visit. Kampot is very famous for its pepper and I made sure to buy a big bag for my parents! To be honest there really isn't much to do at all in Kampot, it is a very sleepy town so it's nice to come relax and get away from Phnom Penh as a short weekend trip. We only stayed for the morning and went to Kep which is a beach town in the afternoon. Rikitikitavi had good reviews and we were initially thinking of going here for lunch but we were FAMISHED after our car ride and the noodle/dumpling place that we were initially planning to have breakfast at was closed so we came here instead! The place was super cute! It had a open terrace/seating area with a great view to the river. Apparently it has killer sunset views but we didn't get to see that this time.

Haha ok so it was like 9 am but it's the weekend... TREAT YOSELF

Beef Lok Lak
Beef lok lak is a traditional Cambodian dish but I've seen several different ways to do it. Overall its chunks of beef sautéed in a rich sauce. The other time I had it there were peppers and I think pineapple added to it also. This was quite yummy! It was a very hearty dish and the sauce was robust and peppery. The egg as you can see was almost too perfect, it looked like a cartoon egg or something. I rather it be a bit more rustic because the egg white was a bit too plasticy textured.
I would definitely return again if I am ever in Kampot (probably not thought haha), it was a very enjoyable environment and the food was nicely made.

Rikitikitavi
Riverside Road (Next to the Post Office)
Kampot
Cambodia

No comments:

Post a Comment