Thursday, July 17, 2014

Oolaa

I'm actually really surprised I don't go to Oolaa more. I've been for a friends birthday before and another time because I was waiting for a table at Yardbird, but apart from that, I've never had Oolaa on my list of safe go-to restaurants for some reason. After this though, that will definitely change! We just got back from a Macau pool party which was SUPER fun and needed some delicious food to fill our hungry bellies. Oolaa seemed like a great choice because it had a really extensive menu and lots of satisfying options. Our table was a tad small for all the things we ordered and service was a little slow at times but nothing too serious.

Hash Browns
I really liked how these hash browns looked but their shape made for an overabundance of the soft fluffy middle and I much prefer the crunchy outer layer. The hash browns were still really yummy with a soft fluffy core and crunchy exterior but I actually prefer Mcdonald's. Those are quite unbeatable really.

Muesli - Topped with Fresh Fruit, Served with Greek Yogurt, Skimmed Milk, and Honey
S got a big bowl of health muesli and we all teased her about it because we were on a mission to pig out. She didn't really enjoy it and I also thought that the ratio of muesli to yogurt and milk was very odd. They gave her a tiny amount of yogurt and milk and it resulted in this dry lump of muesli that was not very palatable. The fruit looked quite good though.

Oolaa Laa Pizza - Cajun Spiced Chicken, Spinach, Mushroom, with Sweet Chili and Sour Cream
Nom nom nom this pizza was quite delicious. I enjoyed the unique pairing of flavors and the crust was very decent. This actually reminded me of a pizza I use to get in high school from Pepperoni's in Stanley Market. The dollop of sour cream and sweet chili sauce really gives the pizza a nice kick and the chicken pieces were the perfect bite size.

Linguine alle Vongole - Fresh Clams, Scorched Tomatoes, Saffron, in a White Wine Garlic Sauce
I only had a small bite of this but it was quite good. A little bit salty and unlike the usual vongole which is more delicate in flavor but still a solid pasta dish. It was also a little more oily than usual but the pasta was cooked well and the clams were plump.

Linguine Carbonara - Crispy Pancetta, Shallots, Garlic, and Parmesan, tossed with Organic Egg Yolk
Eeeeeee carbonara is my ultimate fatty indulgences (well one of a few). I just looooove creamy pastas and that added with bacon is just to die for. Now I know that this is not prepared the traditional way with no cream but this was oh so good. The pasta was super creamy and decadent and the amount of bacon was generous. It would be even better if the bacon was crispier and there was more black pepper! This really hit the spot.
Oolaa serves a wide selection of solid food and I will definitely be back again. The atmosphere is bright and airy and the location is also very convenient. 

Oolaa
G/F
CentreStage
Bridges Street
Soho
Hong Kong

No comments:

Post a Comment