Friday, July 18, 2014

Chinese Noodle House

I had a massive craving for dumplings and so I was super excited when I heard that there was a authentic Chinese shop near our office. The lady there also smoke mandarin which I was super excited about as I have barely practiced my mando skillssince my Tsinghua days so I was super eager to show her some what my Chinese program taught me (and years and years in HKIS haha...). Unfortunately the dumplings were only ok but the noodles were actually really good! I should be smart next time and get the noodles since the name of the place is Chinese Noodles House... either way, the dumplings weren't bad and it was a comforting meal at a crazy cheap price. They have people hand-pulling the noodles at the front which is also a tourist favorite (although I am not sure how many tourists come here). I got the water booked and the deep fried dumplings. I realized that many places here only deep fry dumplings and don't pan fry them like places usually do. I suspect that it may be because it is faster and requires less effort?


Fried Noodle with Pork and Egg
I had a small bite of this because it was my friends and I really enjoyed it! The noodles were chewy and had a great bite to them. The egg was also super yummy as it was smothered in the sauce and te amount of veggie and meat was also good. I will definitely get this next time.

Water-cooked Dumplings
As you can see, the dumplings are slightly messy and they definitely contained much more veggie than pork. I usually don't mind that there is a higher ratio of veggie to pork but this was to the next level. The skin was a bit too thin as I like to have a bit of a chew to my dumpling. They were not bad, but I think I will order the noodles next time! 
A must visit when you are in Phnom Penh? Definitely not, but if you are here for a longer stay and you are craving some yummy noodles and average dumplings for cheap, definitely hits the spot. 

Chinese Noodle House
No. 551 Monivong Blvd
Phnom Penh
Cambodia

No comments:

Post a Comment