Thursday, June 19, 2014

Piccola Italia Da Luigi

After some old posts, let's go back to Phnom Penh! I was a bit skeptical when I was told that the pizza was Luigi's was amazing but it really really is! The crust is so thin and crunchy and the toppings were also delicious and generous. The one tiny tiny complain was the middle got a little soggy but it was really not an issue at all. Only if I wanted to be super picky and I think this also had to do with the fact that mine was a pesto pizza and they were quite generous with that delicious sauce. The pizza was SO good, and not just for Cambodia standards, for any standard! I have only been once but I am already yearning to return. I got the pesto pizza and added italian sausage. My friends got the pizza with the fried eggplant and that was also super good! A medium pizza (which I ate for lunch, then dinner, and had some for breakfast also) costs around $7! I've also heard that their antipasto is really good so I will definitely try that next time! The next pizza that I have my eye on is one with cream sauce, bacon, and onions (oink oink).



Piccola Italia Da Luigi
Street 308
Phnom Penh
Cambodia

UPDATE: I went to Luigi's again and was disappointed to find that the crust was much softer than before. It was much more "typical asian pizza crust" if you know what I mean. It was definitely not baked enough and lacked that great crunch and lightness that I experienced the first time. I talked to my colleague and he said that he also noticed the lack of consistency at Luigi's. The toppings and service was still very good and this wouldn't make me cross off Luigi's from my list, but it is slightly disappointing!

No comments:

Post a Comment