Friday, December 25, 2015

Gyukaku

Gyukaku is a popular Japanese yakiniku chain with numerous international outposts such as Hong Kong, Singapore, and here in New York. Gyukaku serves affordable yakiniku in a casual setting and is a good choice for a fun meal with friends. W and I decided to meet M for lunch one day and we left the establishment very full. The cuts were not very premium as expected and I felt that the marinade was much too salty and heavy for some dishes. However, for the price you pay we had a pretty decent meal. I also really loved the s'mores dessert at the end. My favorite yakiniku in New York is Takashi but the prices are also much higher as compared to Gyukaku. I have also been meaning to try Futago (a favorite while I was in Hong Kong) but have always had scheduling conflicts.






Gyukaku
805 3rd Avenue 
New York
NY 10022

No comments:

Post a Comment