Tuesday, December 8, 2015

The Polo Bar

Polo Bar is one of the city's top "seen and be seen" spots in NYC, you can't even enter the bar area without a reservation! Scoring a prime time reservation is notoriously difficult so I was so lucky when my friend T asked me if I wanted to take her table at 8:30 pm on Saturday. The atmosphere is everything you would expect it to be... quite like a Ralph Lauren store but with waiters whisking around classic American plates such as shrimp cocktail and steaks. The food is ok, definitely not bad but not particularly memorable either. I did enjoy my dining experience here and definitely would recommend trying once just for the atmosphere.

The Moscow Mule is supposed to be one of their most famous drinks. It was very tasty and refreshing and we also found out that our waitress shared the same birthday as me and J so these drinks were on the house! She was so sweet and this definitely was a sweet start to our dinner. 

Shrimp Cocktail
The shrimp was generously sized and fresh. 

Pigs in a Blanket
Pretty delicious, can't really go wrong with this dish. 

Crab Cake
The crust was a little different than usual and was really crispy, but I personally prefer the more traditional preparation of crab cake where the entire outside is coated with breadcrumbs. 

Cute little ketchup holders! 

Veal Milanese 
This dish was really good! The veal was very tender and the coating was very flavorful and crispy. 

Bone in Ribeye 
The steak was also made well with a great char on the outside and juicy meat inside. While this was not the best steak I've had in New York, I think it was better than other steakhouses such as Wolfgang's. 
I loved the decor and vibe of the restaurant but after coming once I would not go out of my way to score a reservation again. However, I did enjoy my time here and would recommend for others to try it out if they have the chance!

Polo Bar
1 E 55th Street
New York
NY 10022

No comments:

Post a Comment