Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Tomoe

I've seen pictures of massive slices of sashimi and sushi at Tomoe and I've also heard that a number of my friends like it so I definitely wanted to check it out.

Ankimo 
The serving was very large but the ankimo wasn't too flavorful. 

Agedashi Tofu 
Once again, the serving was huge, but the execution was not ideal. The coating was very slimy and lost its crispiness. 

Sashimi Lunch Set
The slices were HUGE. While this is good value for money... I felt like the slices felt quite butchered and I missed the delicate and expertly cut slices at other establishments, even if it were to be pricier. One major issue was that I found a BONE in one of my slices which is unacceptable. The chef apologized and comped our ankimo dish... but it really grossed me out and it also could have been dangerous. 

The uni sushi was pretty fresh and I enjoyed this piece. 

While I agree that the food is really well priced, I think I would rather pay a little bit more and have more refined slices of fish and carefully cooked dishes. I liked the cozy atmosphere and the service was very friendly, but I unfortunately did not enjoy this place as much as I hoped I would. 

Tomoe
172 Thompson Street
New York
NY 10012

No comments:

Post a Comment