Thursday, June 12, 2014

Smorgasburg

Smorgasburg is a food and flee market that happens in Brooklyn over the weekend. According to the website:

"Smorgasburg happens in two locations every weekend: Saturdays at East River State Park—Kent Ave. and N. 7 St.—on the Williamsburg waterfront; and Sundays at Brooklyn Bridge Park’s Pier 5. Both locations are open from 11am to 6pm, and feature packaged and prepared foods, beverages, and more from purveyors from New York City and across the region, for a total of 75-100 vendors. The markets are always open rain or shine."

This is also the place where the infamous Ramen Burger was debuted. We did not get to eat that but we did have a lot of other yummy food. T and I decided to check it out when he visited and we had such a great time. Overall, there wasn't any dish that I was completely blown away by (just being picky), I did not have any life changing moments, but I really loved the atmosphere and the food was delicious. We also didn't try too many different things as we got full but we had oysters (fresh and tasty), Mighty Quinn's BBQ (they ran out of something :( but what we got was quite yummy, some bits were a little dry though!), and a fish taco (delish, loved it). I would love to try more dishes the next time I go. I really loved how we were able to get a bit of everything and the people there were all nice and friendly.

I highly highly recommend everyone going, remember to bring cash! I think T also bought a jar of pickles and he seems to enjoy it! The one thing that I am upset about was that I did not get to have my ice cream sandwich. I was saving it for last and when I happily went over to the stall to get it they were closed....

We also took the subway over which was fine but I hear that you get to enjoy the Manhattan skyline if you take the ferry. I will try that next time. I will definitely be returning so I know I will get that ice cream sandwich sooner or later!








Cute little anime thing I saw before heading to the subway

Smorgasburg 
East River State Park
90 Kent Ave
27 N 6th Street
Williamsburg
Brooklyn
NY11211

No comments:

Post a Comment