Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Xian Famous Foods

Xian Famous Foods is one of my favorites in NYC! I was soooo happy when I found out that they were opening a branch 2 streets away from me. I even printed out this coupon and got a free noodle on that day (free food woohoo!).

I haven't tried a lot on their menu because all I do is munch on the oxtail noodle (extra spicy) but I really should push myself to try other items. I have also tried the spicy noodles in soup and the spicy cumin lamb burger but the oxtail noodle have been my ultimate favorite. I also went here with T when he visited and we had the lamb face salad. I did not like that at all, the pieces of the lamb face were too hard to chew for me and the greens also did not suit my tastebuds. They do advise against having it to go because the noodles really do get softer but I usually speed walk to my place and it takes literally less than 5 minutes. If you do plan to have it to go for longer distances you really should try to eat in at least once because it really is much better fresh as the noodles are much chewier. The staff is always friendly and this is a great place for a quick and delicious meal! The price is also unbeatable at around $6-8 a meal.

Remember that it is cash only!





Lots of yummy Chinese drinks! I love the soy milk






Spicy and Tingly Beef Hand-ripped Noodles in Soup
The noodles got a tiny bit soggy by the time I got home even though I was speed walking like a mad woman. This was really good but the extra spicy with the soup was a bit overwhelming and I much prefer it without the soup (like below). The beef was also good and was cut to a ideal thickness that could stand up to the noodles. This was good, but not as good as the oxtail noodles! 

Stewed Oxtail Hand-ripped Noodles
Ahhh my love. This is so so delicious. The noodles are so chewy and each noodle is different since it is hand-ripped. Some bits are thinner and some are thicker and wider. This makes each bite different and allows the noodles to maintain different textures and soaks up more or less of the amazing spicy sauce. The oxtail is slightly sweet and stewed to perfection. I only wish they gave me more of it! Just remember to pick up the nasty cilantro and celery bits! I am definitely missing this right now and can't wait to go back to NYC and eat it! 
Xian Famous Foods
Multiple Locations
New York

No comments:

Post a Comment