Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Tom Yum Kung Restaurant

I have passed by Tom Yum Kung Restaurant a few times in my first week but did not make plans to eat there yet. My first dining experience here was actually quite unplanned and happened because J and I were looking for a specific type of noodle after our saturday excursion to Oudong Mountain. I found an article on Serious Eats and there was a specific type of noodle that we wanted to try in Cambodia. We kept asking our Tuktuk driver and he took us to a Chinese restaurant. Clearly this was not what we wanted so he then dropped us off here... at a Thai restaurant. We were unable to find the dish we wanted initially but I was glad that we stopped by here because the food was very good and cheap! The restaurant serves both Thai and Khmer cuisine.

Thai Sweet Basil, Chili, and Pork / Phat Kaprao
This dish was very tasty and I always enjoy an egg on top of anything. I do wish that the egg was a bit more runny though. The pork was flavored well and the sweet basil added a lovely flavor. I think there could have been more chili but that's because I love spicy things! I wouldn't say this is my favorite dish but it was enjoyable. 

Pad See Ew with Tofu 
Ahhhh this was so yummy! The noodles were very chewy and soft at the same time, I also loved how wide they were. The sauce was sweet and savory and a good amount of egg covered the noodles and the vegetables. I wish the tofu wasn't as hard though but I would definitely order this again. This was also only 2.5 USD! 

This restaurant is really close to my office for the summer so I would definitely be down to come back and try their other dishes. The pad see ew was super yummy and I will have to control myself to not order that every time! 
Tom Yum Kung Restaurant
#10 
Street 278
BKK1
Khan Chamkarmorn
Phnom Penh
Cambodia

No comments:

Post a Comment