Tuesday, January 20, 2015

The Chairman 大班樓

The Chairman has been on my to try list for a while (I know I almost say this about every restaurant haha). I have heard a lot about its signature crab dish in Shao Xing wine and while that was definitely very unique and memorable, I felt that it would be unlikely that I return to Chairman any time soon. The food was definitely well done, but it was quite overpriced. This could be because we ordered two servings of the crab and also some unnecessary bottles of wine, but from what I hear in general, the Chairman is generally quite overpriced. While some of the dishes were praise worthy, others were quite normal and did not justify the 700-800 HKD price tag. I think the crab dish and smoked duck is worth a try if you do visit the Chairman, but in terms of the more common Chinese dishes, you can get them at lower prices elsewhere.









The Chairman 大班樓 
18 Kau U Fong 
Central 
Hong Kong

No comments:

Post a Comment