Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Hing Kee 避風塘興記

Hing Kee is a famous seafood restaurant in Tsim Sha Tsui. I haven't heard of it before but you could tell that it was quite popular as the walls were covered with lots of autographs. Another interesting perk of this place is that it is opened until 5 am, however I doubt I would ever venture to TST at such hours personally.

Roast Goose with Flat Noodles (Hor Fun)
Their flat noodles is one of their most famous dishes and therefore we were very excited to try this out. It certainly did not disappoint! The texture was perfect and while the roast goose was quite normal, the soup was very flavorful. This was very tasty and comforting. 

Razor Clams with Garlic and Vermicelli
This is one of my favorite things to order at seafood restaurants and this was a solid rendition. The clam was very meaty and the vermicelli soaked up all the juices and garlicky flavors. 

Clams Sautéed with Black Bean Sauce 
This was done perfectly. The black bean sauce was extremely tasty and the clams were very juicy and meaty. I did not expect to enjoy this dish as much as I did! 


Salt and Pepper Mantis Shrimp 
Once again a classic dish done well. Mantis shrimp can be a hassle to eat sometimes but these were very meaty and the salt and pepper was very appetizing. 


Crab wit Deep Fried Garlic 
This was definitely a showstopper! The garlic with white rice was delicioussss but this was definitely very "yeet hey" as soon my mouth was hurting and W's mouth was also feeling a bit uncomfortable. This crab was also MASSIVE so it was quite easy to get a lot of crab meat without too much effort. 



Everything was done well at Hing Kee, but I don't think I will be able to eat this often as so many things were deep fried and it definitely took a toll on me. However, I will definitely be happy to come again if I was in the mood for this type of food.

Hing Kee 避風塘興記
180 Nathan Road
Tsim Sha Tsui 
Hong Kong 

No comments:

Post a Comment