Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Sichuan House

I am a sucker for spicy food. My favorite fish cooked in chili oil was from Golden Valley in Happy Valley but recently C told me that Sichuan House in Central had a even better one! I've been to Sichuan House when it first opened and was not too impressed as I found a bone in my fish (I cannot handle fish bones AT ALL), but C guaranteed that I will love it so I decided to go again. The food was pretty decent the first time, just not too memorable.

The second time was definitely much better and I will be returning with my Dad who also loves spicy to this restaurant! The atmosphere is modern and sophisticated and service is polite and professional. I could tell that this restaurant really cared about their food and the experience of the customer because during my first visit they really took the effort to get feedback from customers.

口水雞 Chicken in Chili Sauce
While this is a very tradition Sichuan dish, Sichuan House put a little refined spin to it but deboning the chicken and making it into perfect little bite sized pieces. The chicken was very juicy and tender and the sauce was great.

夫妻肺片 Beef Slices and Beef Offal in Spicy Sauce
Another classic dish, well executed and visually appealing!


Pork Ribs with Celery, Onions, and Chilies 
The ribs were melt in your mouth and the spices that utilized in this dish was extremely appetizing and robust.


水煮魚 Fish Fillet Cooked in Hot Chili Oil with Potato Starch Noodles
There was no bone this time! The flavor profile was on point and I loved how the noodles were broad and plat instead of being thinner which is the norm in most places. This was extremely spicy and while I love spicy, this was definitely off the charts. We were all suffering slightly but recovered soon and continued eating. A definite must order for spice lovers!

Dumplings in Sesame Sauce
The dumpling skin was soft and tender and the filling was very generous and juicy. I loved the sesame sauce as it was very aromatic and delicious! I would definitely order this again. 
I was really glad that C convinced me to give Sichuan House a second chance! It is really close to my house so this will be a perfect and convenient place for me to get my spicy fix!

Sichuan House
7/F
M88
2 Wellington Street
Central
Hong Kong

No comments:

Post a Comment