Thursday, January 22, 2015

Islam Food 清真牛肉館

The veal goulash is super famous at Islam Food and that was the only thing I ate when I came here the first time. We got the veal goulash to go and it was a bit difficult to eat on the street as the meat juices were flowing out and it was also super hot! This time C and I had a sit down dinner and it was definitely much wiser and I also got to try out more dishes. The veal goulash is seriously pretty damn good and I regret only eating one now. 

Shredded Chicken with Bean Vermicelli
The sesame sauce was thick and fragrant and the bean noodles were chewy and springy. Loved it! 

Curry Beef Brisket
This was pretty subpar. The brisket was not super tender and the curry was just normal. It was not bad but I would rather try other dishes next time. My mom had the lamb curry before and I tried it when she brought the leftovers home, I thought that was SUPER good so maybe I will try it next time (since C does not eat lamb). 

Salt and Pepper Fried Squid
One of my all time favorite dishes. It was fried to crispy perfection and I LOVED the crispy garlic, chili, and scallion bits on top. One tiny complaint is that the squid could be a tad meatier. 

Veal Goulash
Ugh this is SO good. The outside is thin and crispy and the inside is bursting with meaty flavors and juice. This goulash can do no wrong. 

Islam Food 清真牛肉館 
1 Lung Kong  Road
Kowloon City
Hong Kong

No comments:

Post a Comment