Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Bread Street Kitchen & Bar

I've always loved watching Gordon Ramsay on TV and since he seemed like such a badass with high standards on TV, I had high expectations for his first restaurant in Hong Kong. I am pleased to say that I was definitely not disappointed with the food at Bread Street! While I wouldn't say it was a mind blowing must return ASAP experience, the food was absolutely delicious and I look forward to going again when I return to Hong Kong in the summer. Bread Street has definitely earned a go to spot on my list.

The Jan babies decided to have our joint birthday dinner here and therefore we were able to order a wide range of dishes to try. We had a party of 16 people and were seated in the private room. Our server was very helpful and sweet and made our birthday dinner enjoyable and smooth. They also initially charged us a pretty hefty cake cutting fee but the manager happily waived it after some persuasion from the birthday girls :)

Some of the pictures are a little blurry but most of them are ok! Will definitely steady my hand more next time!


Beef Tartare, Quail Egg, Onion, Aromatic Herbs
The beef was super fresh and it had very clean flavors. I personally prefer my tartare to be a bit more boldly seasoned but this was still pretty good! 

Honey Glazed Beef Short Ribs with Pomelos, Scallions, Sesame Seeds
This was super indulgent and delicious. The short rib is tender and melt in your mouth while having a crispy exterior. The addition of the scallions was a perfect! I didn't have it with the pomelo but I can imagine it to be a great contrast of flavors and textures. Next time! 

Tamarind Spiced Chicken Wings, Spring Onions, Coriander 
Juicy and perfectly fried chicken wings with a sticky and robust sauce. What could be better?!

Flatbread, Caramelized Onions, Taleggio Cheese, Cured Pig's Cheek, Basil Pesto
This was one of my favorites of the night. The flat bread was nice and crispy and the caramelized onion was perfectly sweet and went perfectly with the crispy pig's cheek. The basil added a nice herby kick to the mix. Overall the flavor profile was just perfect and I loved this! 


Cote de Boeuf with Peppercorn, Red Wine Marrow, and Béarnaise Sauce
This was definitely a feast for the eyes! The steak was cooked well but in terms of meat flavor it was quite normal and it was also a tad lean for my tastes. The red wine marrow however, was extremely delicious.

Bread Street Kitchen Short Rib Burger with Monterey Jack Cheese, Spicy Siracha Mayo
The patty was very rich and bursting with flavor, this is definitely a burger worth trying! 


Fish & Chips, Crushed Peas
I think I was rather stuffed at this point so I only had a small bite. It was a pretty decent rendition of the classic british dish. I personally dislike super thick fries though. 

Bread Street Kitchen & Bar
Mezzanine Level
LKF Hotel 
33 Wyndham Street
Central
Hong Kong

No comments:

Post a Comment