Thursday, October 8, 2015

Sip Sak

I was meeting A for lunch and we decided to try out this cute Turkish restaurant called Sip Sak near her work place. I went to Turkey many years ago and remembered that I was not particularly fond of the cuisine but Sip Sak completely changed my mind. Everything we ordered was incredibly delicious and I will definitely be trying more Turkish cuisine in the future!


Spicy Hand-chopped Lamb Kebab - Pita Toast, Onion-parsley Garniture 
I loved the spices in the kebab! It was so flavorful and the meat was also perfectly roasted and juicy. The meat was not too minced and was the ideal texture. The onion parsley salad on the sad was a great fresh contrast to the juicy kebab. Our server said they had another version that was marinated in yogurt but that it was something we should try next time as it was a little more adventurous for people who weren't used to Turkish flavors? I would definitely come back and order that next time! 


Special - Lamb Shank with Eggplant Puree 
The shank was melt in your mouth tender and the eggplant was absolutely divine! The puree was so creamy and decadent and had a lovely smokey flavor. I am definitely going to try and recreate this at home! 


Baklava 
Baklava is one of my favorite desserts and this was quite good. I didn't like how the nuts were spread out over all the layers and were all in the middle but I loved the addition of pistachios. 
I loved my meal at Sip Sak and have been raving about it to my friends! I will definitely be returning to try out its other offerings! I wish the lamb shank was a permanent item on the menu because it was incredibly delicious. 

928 2nd Avenue 
New York
NY 10022

No comments:

Post a Comment