Wednesday, October 7, 2015

I went to for my dear Panda's birthday dinner and I loved it! It was a super cute intimate space and had delicious hearty portions of pasta at very reasonable prices. I felt bad for everyone else eating there because we were such a huge group and super loud. I also brought a huge thing of balloons for my birthday boy that probably were quite irritating and space consuming. I definitely would be happy to return again!

Trekked in my heels and accidentally smacked some innocent pedestrians 
Beans and Truffle Oil Crostini
I am personally not a big bean person so this was not my favorite but the flavors were great and if it weren't for the bean texture I would definitely be gobbling these down. 

Pó Cured Yellow Fin Tuna, White Beans, Artichokes & Chile-mint Vinaigrette
The tuna was very tender and juicy and I loved the refreshing vinaigrette. I also really enjoyed the contrast of textures of the white beans, salad greens, and artichoke.  

Polpetta di Carne - Meatballs with Tomato Sauce & Caciocavallo Cheese
The meatballs were very tender and the tomato sauce was tart and heaty. Delicious! 

Spaghetti Carbonara 
This was not on the menu but I figured that since it was such a classic pasta dish, they could make it anyways! Good thing I asked because this was super delicious and many were jealous that they did not get it :) The pasta was al dente and the sauce was creamy and flavorful. The bacon bits were a plenty and the amount of black pepper was also perfect! 

Papardelle - Chorizo, Sweet Corn & Parmigiano Reggiano
I did not get to try this but it looked really good and creamy!

Linguine con Vongole - Fresh Clams, Pancetta, Red Chile & White Wine
The pasta was perfectly al dente and the fresh sweet flavor of the clams were very pronounced but still had that lovely subtle aspect of a well made linguine vongole. 

Happy birthday my love :) 
I really enjoyed my time at Pó and highly recommend it!

31 Cornelia Street
New York
NY 10014

No comments:

Post a Comment