Friday, October 16, 2015

Seamore's

Seamore's is the new venture by Michael Chernow (you may know him as the co-owner of The Meatball Shop and the show Consumed) and has already attracted a lot of attention! Seamore's serves sustainable seafood in a beautiful bright and airy setting. W and I had such a great lunch here on a perfectly sunny day. Apart from some menu staples, there is a "Daily Landing" menu which tells you which type of fish or seafood is available on that day as they want to serve what is most in season and fresh. You can learn more about the menu here. There was a little hiccup in which our mains took forever to come after we enjoyed out appetizers but our server was incredibly sweet and you could tell that she was trying her best to get it to us asap. She ended up comping our first round of our drinks which was sweet gesture. We also ran into the owner when we left and he was really friendly and asked us how our meal was. I definitely would love to return and try other menu items.


Tuna Poke - Ponzu, Peanut, and Avocado
The tuna was very fresh and I loved the crispy shallots on top. However, it was slightly too salty. 


Crispy Fish Tacos - Cabbage, Guacamole, Chipotle Mayo 
Fish tacos are some of my favorite things so I was really excited to try this but unfortunately they were not crispy enough. I loved the chipotle mayo and the fish was nice and flaky but I wouldn't get this again next time. 


Kale + Avocado Salad with Black Mullet - Walnut, Squash, Quinoa, Honey-Apple Vinaigrette
This was absolutely delicious. I loved the vinaigrette and the the squash was so sweet and delicious.  The walnuts added a perfect crunch (I would have wanted even more!) and everything just melded together into such a lovely melody of flavors. The black mullet was very flavorful and kind of reminded me of Japanese grilled mackerel. The skin was perfectly crispy and the fish went very well with my salad. 
While I enjoyed some other dishes more than I did others, I love the idea of the restaurant and everything was just so fresh and clean tasting. I definitely will be coming again!


Seamore's 
390 Broome Street
New York
NY 10013

No comments:

Post a Comment