Thursday, June 4, 2015

Lafayette

I have a soft spot for French Bistros and spotted Lafayette which is right next to the Noho SoulCycle location. The space looked lovely with large windows and warm lights inside. The menu also looked very appetizing and I am happy to say that the food was also delicious! I had a great catch up dinner with K and we loved every bite! They also make a mean vesper which is a big plus in my book. Our server was also very friendly and professional. I will definitely be back.




Prime Beef Tartare “New Orleans,” Tabasco Aioli, Quail Egg
This was perfectly seasoned and also cut up to the ideal consistency, not too chunky and not too minced. The bread was also amazing with its perfect grill marks and tangy flavor.

Duck au Poivre, Organic Grains, Radish, Smoked Bacon
K and I both widened our eyes when we bite into this. It was absolutely delicious! The duck was incredibly tender and just full of flavor. The organic grains had so much texture and the sauce was very complex and smokey. A must order! 

Roasted Pork Chop, Wild Mushrooms, Brussels Sprouts
While we enjoyed the duck more, this dish was also expertly made. The brussels sprouts were roasted to perfection and the pork chop was juicy and had a great crust on the outside. The apple slices also added the ideal crunch and freshness to this dish. 

I had such a great meal here and will definitely be back! I hear that they do a great brunch also so I am looking forward to trying that. 

Lafayette
390 Lafayette Street 
New York 
NY 10003

No comments:

Post a Comment