Saturday, June 6, 2015

Isola Trattoria at the Mondrian Soho

I've always seen pictures of this beautiful space and have been wanting to see it for myself. I scheduled a lunch date with T at Isola on a sunny day and had a great time! Unfortunately I recently found out that the management of the entire hotel has been changed and the original restaurant is no more. I think that the new restaurant under the new management will also be Italian but I am quite disappointed because there were some items on the menu that I was planning on trying! Hopefully the new restaurant will be just as good.

Eggs Al Forno - Roasted Tomato, Escarole, Guanciale, Herbed Breadcrumbs
This was T's dish and she seemed to think it was ok. The tomato sauce was flavorful but the dish overall was a bit too mushy

Tuna Carpaccio Fontina, Caramelized Onion, Arugula, Truffle Aioli
This was my fish and I loved it! T thought it was a bit strange but I thought it tasted really good. I think that the tuna carpaccio can be cut up a bit because it looked a little weird just plopped on and also made eating it a little messy. However, the flavors really worked and I would definitely order it again! 

So so pretty! 

I had a great time here and the space really was every bit as beautiful as I imagined. I hope that the new restaurant is sorted out soon and is just as good so I can come again! 

Isola Trattoria 
Mondrian Soho
9 Crosby Street
Soho
New York
NY 10013

No comments:

Post a Comment