Thursday, May 8, 2014

Clinton Street Baking Co. & Restaurant

Clinton Street Baking Co. & Restaurant is most famous for its fluffy pancakes, but I have actually never ordered them the two times I've been (haha and I don't have a picture of them here either... sorry). Don't get me wrong I did get a couple bites of them from my friends order but I usually just prefer savory breakfast items! The pancakes are really as good as they say it is and a must try if you like pancakes. The other items that I have ordered have also been yummy. I waited for 2 hours or more when I first went with Y and I didn't think I would go again. But when J visited we went and waited for around 40 minutes. I am so certain I have pictures from my first visit too... I will dig them up soon and do a second post since I tricked you guys who clicked in from Facebook into probably thinking there would be some close up drool worthy picture of the pancakes hehe.

Southern Breakfast - Two Eggs any Style, Sugar-cured Bacon, Cheese Grits, Fried Green Tomatoes 
This was really yummy and hit the spot. The fried green tomatoes were quite interesting and not something I've had before. Nothing spectacular, but well made and satisfying. The standout item on the plate was the SUGAR CURED BACON. I loved how the bacon was cut thickly and the sugary sweetness matched with the smokiness of the bacon was just pure perfection. I really loved putting all the components of the dish into one perfect bite. The eggs were runny and creamy and was so good with the crispy tomatoes, the bacon added that savory and smoky element, and lastly the cheesy grits ended it all with a bang! 

I think Clinton Street provides very satisfying and well made dishes in a bright and friendly environment, but I would not wait more than 2 hours a second time. The pancakes really do not disappoint so it is worth a wait if you've never been, but you should put your name down and go grab a coffee or shop around if you decide to come here.

Clinton Street Baking Co. & Restaurant
4 Clinton Street (between East Houston and Stanton)
New York
NY10002

No comments:

Post a Comment