Thursday, May 3, 2012

Tutto Bello

Sorry for the hiatus! After being on a roll on updating I had to take a break and concentrate on job hunting and interviews. Back in the game now! My friends were amazing and gave me amazing lists of places to eat at when I told them I was going to Taipei, one name that kept popping up was Tutto Bello, an italian restaurant. I was not too keen on eating italian food in Taiwan since I felt that that was something I could have in Hong Kong. Thank goodness I tried Tutto Bello because it was absolutely MIND BLOWINGLY GOOD. The food was just incredible, both my parents and I could not stop raving about it. The chef came out to speak to us after and was smothered with praises. Like Gordon Ramsay likes to say, "Absolutely amazing". Unfortunately the lighting in the restaurant was very dim so I had to use flash for some of the photos which resulted in not the best quality photos as the plate reflected the light too much. I unfortunately also don't remember all the names of the dishes but will do my best! The meal started with bread and truffle butter, which is a GREAT start.

Seared foie gras 
Beautiful plating, highest quality foie gras with amazing richness and flavor, seared perfectly. 

Highest quality salmon with caviar 

Frogs legs 
The execution of this dish was absolutely impeccable. The mini bites of heaven were tender, crispy, and flavored perfectly. The plating was also once again a joy to look at. 


Pasta with mixed mushrooms 
This dish may sound simple, but the pasta was cooked perfectly and the selection of mushrooms were top notch. The chef was able to bring out the best flavors of the mushrooms, it was earthy and incredibly rich. The texture of each type of mushroom was a joy to bite into. This truly revealed the skill of the chef and the quality of the ingredients. 

Iberico and black truffle pasta 
Once again, pasta is cooked perfectly and covered in a black truffle mixture. I actually am not 100% sure but it does look like truffle to me. All I remember was that it was delicious. So so delicious. Sorry not being helpful here. 

Prime fillet steak with seared foie gras and duck liver jus 
The beef was a perfect medium rare and had great flavor. But it was just like any other piece of great steak I've had. The duck liver was once again delicious. I really love the plating of every dish. The placement, the colors, the little flowers, the small sprinkles of garnishes, the pop of colors, beautiful! 
Overall, it was an unforgettable meal. The food was impeccable and service was attentive and polite. The atmosphere is sophisticated and not overly stuffy. Definitely can't wait to come back to this gem of a restaurant.

Tutto Bello
Shuang Cheng Street
Lane 25, Number 15
Taipei 104, Taiwan 

No comments:

Post a Comment