Thursday, May 10, 2012

Burgeroom

Summer is coming and it's time to get into that fit mindset again but it has been some time since I've sunk my teeth into a glorious burger so I decided to kick the diet to the curb (just for today!) and indulge. Burgeroom has been said to serve some of the best burgers in Hong Kong and obviously I would not let that statement go unchecked. Burgeroom not only serves juicy delicious classic burgers but also have an impressive array of unique burgers such as soft shell crab burgers, deep fried oysters burgers, and burgers with foie gras! Tucked away on a small street in Causeway Bay, Burgeroom was sunny and inviting. The servers were really friendly and although the place was bustling, it was not hard to get a table and seating was comfortable.

Bacon cheeseburger with thick cut fries combo
Such. a. good. burger. The bun was soft and a little big soggy (in a good way) from the juices of the beef patty and the thousand island sauce. There was a generous amount of cheese that was perfectly melted and oozing all over the beef. The patty was beefy heaven. It was super thick, bursting with meaty juices, and seasoned very well. The tomatoes were super sweet and the lettuce was crispy and fresh. The only thing that I was not pleased with was the bacon, I could barely tell that there was bacon there! It would have been ideal if there was more smokey bacon that was fried to a crisp. The burger was quite big, but not so ridiculously huge that I had to unhinge my jaw to devour it. 

Thick cut fries
During lunch there is a great combo deal where you add $20 to any burger purchase to get a small drink and fries. The fries were well done, crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. 


Bikini's can wait for a little 

Onion rings
Yum yum yum I love onion rings. These were good but nothing spectacular. Batter a tad too thick and crispy but still good. I asked for tartare sauce which I prefer over ketchup for this :) 

Soft shell crab burger 
This actually looks a bit scary haha but it was really good! I think this is such a brilliant idea for a burger. This is probably one of the biggest soft shell crabs I have ever seen. The batter was light and crispy. The body of the crab was super meaty and had a lovely buttery seafood taste. The legs were crunchy and was a nice contrast to the rich meaty middle. 


Pure gold

My friend and I decided that Burgeroom was amazing. But we also decided that we would only come here once a month because anymore than that and we would be completely obese. I can't wait to come back to try the other burgers but for now I am lazing on a couch still full from lunch :)

Burgeroom
7 Caroline Hill Road
Causeway Bay 
Hong Kong

1 comment:

  1. I want to to thank you for this good read!! I absolutely enjoyed every little bit
    of it. I have got you book-marked to look at new stuff you post…

    My blog; assfucked.org

    ReplyDelete