Sunday, May 13, 2012

David Ramen 舞心拉麵

Ramen fever as officially reached Hong Kong! I remember C and I would always complain about how Hong Kong lacked amazing ramen places but now there are ramen shops popping up left and right. David Ramen has been getting some buzz lately so I decided to head over and see how it is. It was lunchtime on a weekday and we had to wait for around 10-15 minutes before getting a table. The weather was super hot so waiting was not enjoyable but luckily it was not for long. They served iced genmaicha which I loved.

"Red" ramen - spicy miso tonkatsu broth 
The broth was quite tasty and flavorful but it was definitely too spicy. I love spicy food and can take a lot of spice but I didn't think the level of spiciness was right for ramen. When I first took a sip I almost choked and C was sniffling next to me as she ate her bowl. The bamboo shoots were crunchy and very tasty. The egg was actually better here than the one I had at Butao. The cha siu was tender and fatty. The noodles were firm and was of the thin variety. Overall the ramen was good, but I am not dying to return. Butao is still number 1! 



Too much noodles... no more pork or egg :( 

David Ramen 
39 Tang Lung Street
Causeway Bay 
Hong Kong 

No comments:

Post a Comment