Friday, April 6, 2012

九記 (Gau Kee)

九記 is famous for its beef brisket throughout Hong Kong. When someone asks for the best beef brisket in Hong Kong, Gau Kee will definitely be one of the names mentioned. It is infamous for its long lines due to its fame but when I went during lunch hour on a weekday I only had to wait 5 minutes until I was seated. Lucky me!


Beef brisket and flat noodles in clear soup
The brisket was incredibly tender and you can taste the love and care that has been put into this famous dish. The brisket melts in your mouth, is not overly fatty, and has great flavor. 

Beef brisket and tendon in curry soup
The brisket was just as good as the clear soup. The curry soup was really thick and rich. It was delicious at first but then after a few bites was a tad too strong. I prefer the clear soup to the curry one. 

Although the brisket was delicious and it was an enjoyable meal, I don't think I would line up for hours to eat here. I would definitely return again though when the brisket craving hits, but if it was super busy, I would opt for somewhere else.

九記 Kau Kee 
21 Gough Street
Central
Hong Kong

No comments:

Post a Comment