Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Chuanr (skewers) is one of my all time favorite street foods in Beijing. I usually try not to think about the hygiene standards of these delectable skewers of meat and veggies on a dingy little stall on the side of a dirty bar street. All I know is that they are super duper delicious and I wish they had something like this in Hong Kong.

SELECTION
You can get cartilage, chicken hearts, lamb kidneys, testicles, corn, peppers, chicken, etc etc. Mmmm 

CHICKEN HEARTS
My favorite along with lamb. I know it doesn't look that great, but trust me its delicious. 

Perfect on a freezing night after a few drinks

Final product
Apologies for the terrible quality. But you can see how it has been perfectly grilled and sprinkled with spices. Oh how I miss thee

Chuanr is everywhere on the street. But my favorite stall is in the grimy bar street next to Nali Patio in Sanlitun. It is near Door Bar and next to Shooters (unless its closed...?)

No comments:

Post a Comment