Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Classic BLT

Was watching "The Best Thing I Ever Ate - With Bacon" last night when I was having trouble sleeping and had the urge to make a BLT all day. As many of you know bacon is one of my all time favorite things and I love making anything with bacon as an ingredient. Recipe is painfully straight forward and simple, I tried to make it a little more healthy though!


Ingredients
-Bacon
-Light Mayonnaise
-Lettuce
-Tomatoes
-Whole grain German dark wheat bread


Instructions
1) Put the bacon in the pan first because while the bacon is cooking you can slice up the tomatoes and wash the lettuce and when you are done with that the bacon should be perfect! I used 3 pieces.



2) Break the lettuce into manageable pieces and give them a quick rinse before drying them off on paper towels. I tried to put a lot of lettuce to make this healthier, approx. 3-4 large leaves



3) Slice the tomatoes into very thin slices. This will help with layering the tomatoes later, when they are too thick they tend to slip out when you take a big bite.



4) Spread one slice of bread with the Light Mayo. I looove mayonnaise.



5) Layer the tomato slices over the mayo.

little slices of sunshine 

6) Add the lettuce and the bacon. Add top layer piece of bread. Voila!



Enjoy!



Nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment