Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Phillipe's

I was in LA for my February break and had the hugest list of places I wanted to try. I absolutely adore Anthony Bourdain and on his LA episode he went to Phillipe's for their french dipped sandwiches. I got the lamb sandwich double dipped with bleu cheese and had potato salad and cole claw as sides. The sandwich was pretty good but I didn't like how the sandwich was a little soggy with the au jus but the lamb was very succulent and the potato salad was delicious. Cole slaw was so so. I can see why some people might love this sandwich but it wasn't my favorite thing in the world. Definitely worth checking out though if you are in the area. The lemonade was pretty refreshing as well. The atmosphere of the place was very old school with communal tables and straw on the floor. The mustard is Phillipe's own speciality and there is a bottle at every table. They serve the food on these plastic trays reminiscent of cafeterias and I found that rather charming. The mustard is pretty spicy and added a nice kick to the sandwich. If you really like it you can buy some to bring home.


The line was pretty long but it moved pretty quickly 


Loving the old school feel

Thick slices of juicy lamb with bleu cheese  

my meal and a coffee 

a close up
had so much amazing food at LA. Expect many many more posts to come about great restaurants in LA!

No comments:

Post a Comment