Wednesday, March 2, 2011

El Tepeyak!

Man vs. Food is another one of my guilty pleasures. Every time I watch that show I always think that I could finish whatever he was trying to eat. On one of the episodes Adam Richman went to a mexican restaurant in LA called El Tepeyak to try and devour "Manny's Special": a 5 pound burrito. I did not risk my life and attempt that challenge and instead ordered a normal sized burrito. The line was pretty long but it was well worth the wait. Once we got to the front we were greeted by Manny who is the owner of this amazing restaurant. He was absolutely precious and very talkative. He gave us some tequila shots (just like he did on the show!) and showed us to our table. 

I was absolutely famished by the time I sat down. I don't remember exactly what I got but I believe I got the Okie De Machaca which is a huge burrito stuffed with shredded beef, sauteed onions, tomatoes, japapenos, eggs, melted cheese, rice, beans, and cheddar cheese topped with a red enchilada sauce. There were also avocado slices in there. Heavenly. We also got a huge plate of nachos. The servings are HUGE so definitely remember that when you are ordering!

I never really liked Mexican food but El Tepeyak changed my mind about that!


shot shots shots shots shots!  


AMAZING





:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment