Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Izakaya by Katsuya

I have heard a lot about Katsuya - the hotspot for celebrities to enjoy contemporary Japanese food. I wanted to try out Katsuya during my stay in LA but my good friend suggested Izakaya by Katsuya, a more casual setting with a menu offering many of the same delicious bites from Katsuya. I definitely want to try out Katsuya another time but Izakaya was definitely worth visiting. The restaurant was in West LA and was small and cozy. Izakaya means a place for people to drink and have quality food in Japan, one level above bars and lounges in terms of food servings. It was definitely more of a restaurant setting than a drinking establishment in terms of Izakaya by Katsuya. Getting a reservation is a must because the restaurant was bustling on a Tuesday night and people were continually entering and waiting for tables throughout my meal.

Seared albacore with crispy onions
Creamy rock shrimp tempura on spicy tuna roll

Spicy tuna on crispy rice 

No comments:

Post a Comment