Thursday, January 19, 2017

Maison Libanaise

I walk up the Midlevel's escalators almost everyday and started noticing a bright and warm space with loads of people. I could not decipher what the name of the restaurant was but was very curious because it looked beautiful and always had a crowd. One day I finally found out that the name of the restaurant was Maison Libanaise (thanks to OpenRice) and it was such a coincidence because I've been eyeing the menu on UberEats also! The bottom floor is for takeout and is super packed during lunch hours. The 2nd floor is for dine in and I've heard that there is also a beautiful rooftop on the top floor! I had dinner with W on the 2nd floor and loved it! I have not had the lunch boxes but have also had lunch on the 2nd floor with C. I think this is a great place for a cute date at night as the decor is very warm and intimate, the tables by the windows also allow you to have a view of soho. The food was also delicious so all in all it was a highly enjoyable dining experience!

Hearth Baked Pita Bread with Hummus
Basically a must order at any Middle Eastern restaurant! The hummus was velvety smooth and very flavorful. The pita was also piping hot and not too thick. A great start! 

Pan-fried Halloumi - Honey Glazed, Dates, Byzantine Dressing
Easily my favorite dish of the night. The honey glaze and dates provided a perfectly sweet element and the halloumi was rich and had a great seal. My only complaint is that the size could be 100 times bigger! 

Za'atar Fried Chicken - Free Range Baby Chicken, Pickled Salad, Sumac Labneh
This fried chicken is flavored very robustly! It was also very well done - crispy skin and juicy meat. While it was very good, I think that I will opt for more unique dishes such as the lamb or cauliflower next time as I personally prefer Korean fried chicken. 
During lunch we had the kebab and the roasted cauliflower. I LOVED the roasted cauliflower and highly recommend you order it! I will be back :)

Maison Libanaise 
10 Shelley Street
Central
Hong Kong

No comments:

Post a Comment