Thursday, June 30, 2016

Republic

Republic has been around for ages and is always a safe bet for a yummy and inexpensive meal. It is also conveniently located right at Union Square.

Chicken Skewers 
The chicken was very flavorful and juicy. I loved the scallions and peanuts on top. 

Crispy Wontons 
The filling was yummy and the skin was fluffy and crunchy. I felt that these were a bit too deep fried for my liking but I liked the sweet and sour sauce that came with it. 

This was L's and I did not try it but she said it was good! 

Curry Chicken Noodle Soup
I loved this dish! The soup was very fragrant and flavorful. I loved how it was creamy with the sweetness of the coconut but also had a nice tangy touch. The chicken and noodles were cooked well and made for a hearty and delicious bowl of noodle soup. 

Grilled Pork with Cold Noodles and Picked Veggies
A Vietnamese classic. The pork was very well marinaded and I loved the tanginess of the picked veggies. 
Republic isn't a must visit for tourists but a great spot for a easy and delicious meal in a prime location!

Republic
37 Union Square
New York
NY 10003

No comments:

Post a Comment