Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Vic's

We were looking for a spot for brunch and dranks after SoulCycle and decided to go to Vic's since it was right by the Noho location. I've been meaning to come here after hearing highly positive things from many friends but was disappointed to learn that they only served the Cacio e Pepe at dinner time. The meal overall was enjoyable and I would want to come back to try that pasta another time.

They had a lot of interesting selections for drinks and I felt like they were quite well priced also. 

Soppressata Pizza - Calabrian Chilies, Mozzarella, Thyme 
I felt like this pizza was a bit too salty and needed a bit more cheese. It felt a bit dry but the crust was nice. 

Heirloom Carrots - Dill, Capers, Shallots 
This dish was on the house which was really nice of them. These carrots were delicious! I loved the flavor combination and the carrots were also very sweet and fresh. 

Orecchiette - Dandelion, Garlic, Anchovy, Lemon, Pecorino
The pasta was perfectly al dente and I loved the freshness of the lemon. The flavors were simple but packed a punch. The sprinkling of bread crumbs also took it to another level. 

Porchetta & Eggs - Salsa Verde, Bitter Greens
The meat of the porchetta was very flavorful but in general it was just wayyyyy too greasy. I understand that porchetta is on the fatty side but this was slightly nauseating. I think it also lacked a carb element as it needed something to soak up the oils and the runniness of the egg. 

The restaurant was surprisingly not full for brunch and I really enjoyed the drinks here. I really enjoyed my pasta here and was not as crazy about the other dishes so I would be happy to come back to try other pasta dishes in the future.

Vic's 
31 Great Jones Street
New York
NY 10012

No comments:

Post a Comment