Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Take31

Take31 is the innovative sister restaurant of Her Name is Han. You can read my review on Her Name is Han here. The restaurant serves Korean dishes with a twist and I absolutely LOVE it here. Her Name is Han is great too, but you can truly find some one of a kind dishes here. They also change up their menu each month so you will never be short of awesome surprises! The people are also super friendly and sweet.

Crispy Havana-Style Corn Pancake
While I've never had a bad dish here... this is one of the BEST. I've had corn pancakes at other Korean places but they are usually drowned in cheese and just overwhelming. This had the perfect amount of cheese and the corn is sweet and perfectly cooked. The batter is also light so it maintains a nice soft middle but lightly crunchy on the outside. This is like a Mexican street corn but pancake style. An absolute must order! 

Tsukune Style Chicken Galbi with Potato Salad 
This was one of the specials of the month and it was very tasty. It did not have the soft bone like usual tsukune yakitoris but the meat was very nicely flavor. Yummy but not a must order. 

Braised Short Ribs and Kabocha Croquettes 
This dish was a bit too intense for me and J. It was incredibly rich and hearty but a bit much for two people. The meat was also a little too fatty but the croquettes were very delicious! 

Pork Belly and Scallion Salad 
The pork belly was cooked perfectly and not too greasy. The scallion salad was a perfect contrast to the pork belly and the presentation was also beautiful. 
Creamy Kimchi Stew with Crunchy Rice, Sausages, Bacon, Broccoli, Paprika, and Onions
I am really glad that J recommended we try this instead of my usual budae chigae. I really liked the crunchy rice with the creamy soup and the sausage was also particularly good. The skin was very crunchy and the sausage was very flavorful. I also liked the addition of veggies. 
I have tried other dishes here and unfortunately I did not take photos. Those two dishes are also MUST ORDERS and I still day dream about them from time to time (fried chicken in garlic flakes and fried chicken in wasabi cream). I think Take31 is a must visit! The food is super inventive and I have never had a bad meal here. It is a perfect place for great food and drinks with friends!

Take31
15 E 31st St. 
New York
NY10016

No comments:

Post a Comment