Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Sons of Thunder

The poke wave has hit New York hard and Sons of Thunder is considered by many to be one of the best in the city. Like most poke places, you purchase your meal at the counter with add ons and then find a spot to sit down. The sit down area is really cute and sunny and this is a great spot for a quick lunch.

Salmon Bowl with Spicy Marinade and addition of Garlic Chips
The fish was very fresh but I thought that there was way too much sauce and the garlic chips were also overwhelming. I tried my friends shoyu bowl and liked it much better. I think that I will definitely chose the shoyu version next time and also ditch the garlic chips! 


My first experience at Sons of Thunder was not as positive as other people's but everyone I've spoken to loved their meal so I will definitely give it another chance! The fish and salad was very fresh so I think this is definitely a top choice for poke in the city! 

Sons of Thunder 
204 E 38th St.
New York
NY 10016

No comments:

Post a Comment