Thursday, February 25, 2016

Cosme

Cosme serves high end contemporary Mexican cuisine in New York's Flatiron district. I've heard various good reviews and noted it down on my list of to try's. It was quite difficult to get a table for a while but I was glad to finally be able to try it out at one of my birthday dinners with T and A.

Cobia al pastor, Pineapple Puree, Cilantro 
What a fresh and delicious start to the meal! The cobia slices were hearty and nicely spiced. The pineapple was perfectly tart and sweet and went so well with the fish. I also loved how you had the textural contrast of the puree and the slices of the fruit itself. 

Burrata, Passila Mixe Salsa, Weeds
This was very subpar. The burrata wasn't too creamy and it was a bit bland. 

Uni Tostada, Avocado, Bone Marrow Salsa, Cucumber
Delicious! Fresh uni with indulgently flavorful bone marrow on top of a crispy tostada. 

Black Garlic Rubbed NY Strip for Tacos, Shishitos, Avocado-tarragon Puree
This dish was good but nothing special. The steak was cooked nicely and I enjoyed the creamy avocado but I would have preferred more exciting flavors. 


Duck Carnitas, Onion, Radishes, Salsa Verde 
The duck carnitas is their most famous dish and I can certainly see why! The duck was very succulent and just melt in your mouth. The accompany sauces also provided a lovely flavor combination. The onions and radishes provide a much needed fresh crunch to the decadent and juicy duck meat. A must order. 

Husk Meringue, Corn Mousse 
This was an absolute dream. The corn flavor was amazing and the mousse was so creamy and luscious. Another must order. 

They also brought out this little birthday slice which I thought was a sweet touch. 

Overall I had a enjoyable meal here and also got to take a healthy amount of the duck carnitas home for a yummy leftover meal the next day! I wouldn't say I am rushing to come back or that it's a must visit but if you are interested in some refined Mexican cuisine in a sophisticated setting I would definitely recommend Cosme!

Cosme 
35 E 21st St. 
New York
NY 10010

No comments:

Post a Comment