Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Barbuto

I've been following Barbuto for ages on Instagram and has been salivating over the pictures of their chicken and gnocchi for far too long. It was always really hard to get a reservation for dinner but the restaurant was quite empty on a weekday for lunch. I met with G on a sunny day and had such an amazing lunch there. Their roast chicken is their signature dish and it blew me away. I usually never order roast chicken but this is an exception! The server was extremely friendly and even gave me a splash of wine on the house :) I loved my experience here and will definitely return!


Gnocchi - Spicy Sausage, Tuscan Kale & Tomato 
The sausage was absolutely divine. It was so flavorful and had a nice kick to it. You can tell its made from high quality ingredients. The tomato sauce was also very hearty and while I've had fluffier gnocchi elsewhere, I liked how this was a little firmer which held up well against the sauce. The only complaint is that I wish there was more kale and it was a tad on the salty side but I still gobbled up this plate very quickly. 

Cavolini - Brussels Sprouts, Colatura & Lemon
The amount of char is just perfection. The addition of lemon was also genius.

Pollo al Forno - JW Chicken and Salsa Verde  
This may easily be the best  roast chicken I've ever had. The skin was not fatty at all and incredibly crispy. The meat was so juicy and is everything you imagine the best roast chicken to taste like .The salsa verde is also incredible and is the perfect complement to the chicken. MUST ORDER. 


Patate - Potatoes, Pecorino & Rosemary 
Seriously just look at these potatoes?!?! SO beautiful. Each piece was amazingly crunchy and fluffy inside and the pecorino and rosemary just took it to another level. 
EVERYTHING WAS SO GOOD! Barbuto definitely lived up to all my expectations and earned themselves a new patron! I also hear that their carbonara is very good and thats one of my favorite dishes ever!

Barbuto 
775 Washington Street
New York
NY 10014

No comments:

Post a Comment