Monday, July 27, 2015

Whole Rotisserie Duck Ssäm at Momofuku Ssäm Bar

I've had the bo ssäm a few times but have never tried the other large format meals at Momofuku Ssäm Bar so was pretty excited when C decided to to do his birthday dinner there. The duck was quite good but I think I prefer the bo ssäm! We got a set dinner and were all extremely stuffed at the end of it. Pork buns were delicious as usual and we also had this yummy chicken liver spread that is not pictured.






Whole Rotisserie Duck Ssam 
The duck was flavorful and all the condiments worked together to result in a tasty bite, however, I preferred the bo ssam as it's more rich and I prefer the cutting style of regular peking duck as compared to this rolled up method. The chive pancakes were also a bit too thick. Therefore I think if I were to get a large format meal I would opt for the bo ssam and have roast duck elsewhere (like decoy) even if it's a slightly different style. 
 Momofuku Ssam Bar
207 Second Ave 
New York
NY 10003

No comments:

Post a Comment