Thursday, October 2, 2014

Madison Square Eats

Madison Square Eats is part of the Urban Space initiative where city spaces are transformed with pop up markets and fairs to showcase popular eateries and other local makers. It only runs from September 5 to October 2 so I wanted to make sure I catch it before it goes away! It's a rather small space and I don't really think its a MUST visit but it was an enjoyable and lively lunch. The food that I had was yummy and I didn't try too much because I was not super hungry and W also had been here multiple times so she told me what was good or bad. I think it is definitely a good place to grab lunch if you work in the area but it does get quite busy. I also think this is great if you want to have a big selection of different types of food or if you are with a group of people who all want different things.



Calexico - Baja Fish: Beer Battered Fish, Spicy Slaw, Fresh Mango, Chipotle "Crack" Sauce
The fish was flakey and tender and the batter was very crispy. I really loved the fresh mango which elevated the entire taco. It got super messy so make sure you have tissues! 


Melt Bakery - Cinnamax: Snickledoodles + Cinnamon Ice Cream
Ohhhh my god this was heavenly. The ice cream had great cinnamon flavor without being overpowering and the snickerdoodles were perfectly soft and delicious. W kept making fun of me because I could not stop talking about how good it was while we were walking around. The cookie could be SLIGHTLY softer but it would be hard because these ice cream sandwiches are premade and stored in the freezer. But seriously that is a teeeeny complaint and I absolutely LOVED it. I will definitely be hitting up the actual bakery to try all their flavors. 

Madison Square Eats 
Madison Square Park
Flatiron
New York
NY10010

No comments:

Post a Comment