Saturday, September 29, 2012

Okaki Oyster Bar

So usually I would never have a post without pictures, but unfortunate my stupid USB port messed up my camera memory card and erased all my most recent photos! Ugh! The good news is, this dining experience was TERRIBLE and even though the pictures were decent, this is not a review where you should be drooling over the dishes. Therefore here is a gif to express my feelings towards this place:


This could easily be one of the worst meals of 2012! V and I are both oyster fanatics and decided to try out this new oyster place in Tai Hang. There were not a lot of reviews on this place but there was a decent review from a food blog and therefore we decided to just give it a go. What a mistake!

First of all, the food took FOREVER. I almost felt like they were harvesting the oysters from the sea with how long it took to get out that stupid platter of terrible oysters. Even I can shuck oysters faster than that schmuck behind the counter! The waiting time would be forgivable if the oysters were good, and obviously that was not the case. Every single one of the oysters left a nasty fishy aftertaste in our mouths. The oyster were not fresh at all and to add insult to injury one of the oyster had actually GONE BAD. Imagine slurping up this slimy wet glob of oyster and being hit with this foul rotten taste. That was how bad it was. I instantly spat out this mess and was desperately trying to wash this taste out of my mouth. Thankfully we ordered 2 skewers of ox tongue and I was able to stick a piece in my mouth after gargling away with water.

Then there was the service. The waitress we had was decent. But then there was this lump of wood of a waiter who was absolutely clueless. After I told him that our oyster had gone bad, he just stared blankly at me. Are you kidding me? You just served your customer rotten seafood!! He just glanced at the waitress who instantly apologized and said she would replace it right away. Ok so replacing it was obviously the least you could do, but I felt that they should not even charge us for the replacement! The waiter continued to impress us with his incompetence when V went to the restroom and notified him that there was no more toilet paper. He just stared at her and did nothing to resolve this issue. Do you expect your customers to go to the storeroom and change the roll herself? Once again the waitress came to the rescue and instantly changed the toilet paper for us. How do people like this get hired?

After the disastrous oysters, the rest of the meal was subpar to say the least. The ox tongue was decent. We also ordered a foie gras pasta which was edible but not great at all. The pasta was overcooked and was just drenched in a thick cream sauce.

AVOID this restaurant. Do NOT come here. This terrible meal came to around 600+ per person and we were both incredibly dissatisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment