Sunday, September 9, 2012

Bo-Lo'Gne Cafe

As many of you know, I work in the boonies (Shatin) therefore no one really ever wants to find me for lunch :( but on this happy Thursday C came to find me because she was at school earlier and her campus is located relatively close to my workplace! Bo-Lo'Gne Cafe has been on my "to eat list" but that was for its Central location. C and I found out that there is also a Shatin location so we decided to give it a try! Bo-Lo'Gne Cafe is a japanese cafe and bakery serving "Yƍshoku" which is Japanese style western cuisine, japanese curries, sandwiches, and desserts. One of my favorite things to do is to comb through the menu before going to a restaurant so I already knew what I wanted when I sat down.

Corn Potage 
We got the lunch set where a soup and salad was included. The corn potage is a very popular soup in Japan and is essentially cream corn soup. This was quite creamy and comforting and I'm glad it was served in this little cup as a huge bowl would be too heavy! 

Mixed Vegetable Soup/Borscht 
Decent. Nothing mind blowing but not bad either. 



Spaghetti in Salmon Cream Sauce 
The spaghetti was a tad too soft for C's and my taste but that is because we usually prefer very al dente pasta. Since this is Japanese revamped pasta it is understandable that is it cooked to this softness. The cream sauce had a nice strong salmon flavor and C remarked that it had more salmon flavor as compared to other restaurants. The amount of salmon was decent and there were also bits of sauteed onion which went well with the entire dish. A yummy and satisfying dish! 


Loco Moco (Hawaiian Bowl)
Loco Moco is a native Hawaiian dish and consists of rice, a hamburger patty, fried egg, and brown gravy. This hamburger patty was meaty and had a nice flavor. Overall the food of this restaurant was quite sweet and savory which made everything quite appealing to the palate and comforting. A fried egg is always a win in my book and the gravy also went well with the rice. The kiwi was a bit gross in my opinion. Another thing was that there was a huge amount of rice and a rather tiny patty in comparison. I understand that is more economical but it would be nice if there was a bit more meat and sauce to go with the mountain of rice! 



Tonkatsu Sandwich
We were quite stuffed at this point but this dish was definitely the highlight of the meal. The bread is soft, doughy, and lusciously buttery. The bread had the texture of a croissant and had a lovely sweet flavor. The tonkatsu was crispy and not too greasy. The lettuce provided a much needed fresh crunch to the glorious sandwich and we also asked for some mayonnaise to fully satisfy our fatso cravings. This is definitely something I want to indulge in again! 

Bo-Lo'Gne Cafe
Shop 112
New Town Plaza Phase 1
18 Shatin Centre Street
Shatin
Hong Kong

1 comment: