Saturday, January 14, 2012

Wurstküche

After a super long hiatus I am back!!! Will definitely try to post more recipe posts too because a good friend told me that they learnt how to make carbonara from this blog and it made me really happy :) Was having trouble posting because I was in Beijing and the internet firewall was giving me some problems. Back in Hong Kong now though so expect many many new posts!

Wurstküche is known for their exotic sausages and quality beer. You can tell that it is a place that takes its food seriously once you glance at their menu. The menu features a large range of very interesting creations from familiar names such as bratwursts to alligator and pork sausage. Their double dipped fries are also raved about along with their homemade gourmet dipping sauces (and a truffle oil glaze - hello). And lastly who can forget the beer, or bier. Wurstküche has an impressive beer collection and boasts over 24 imported beers on tap.

Duck and bacon sausage with sweet onions and peppers
The sausage was bursting with flavor and you could tell from the first bite that it was made from high quality ingredients with care. I love my Johnsonville sausages in all its artificial glory but this was definitely a delish sausage. It was also cooked perfectly with a nice crunchy char on the outside. The onions and peppers added a nice sweet textual element to the hot dog and the bread was crusty and satisfying. 

Fries with Pesto mayonnaise 
I made a huge mistake and didn't get the fries with truffle glaze... good thing my friend got some so I could nom off his. The original fries luckily were also scrumptious. The outsides were perfectly crispy and fluffy on the insides. I love dipping my fries in mayonnaise normally so pesto mayo was a special treat! The creamy mayo was a great balance to the crispy salty fries. 

There is also a great selection of mustards to go with your sausage. 

Sadly I forgot to take pictures of the beer and will not be able to give a better review of them. But I got the pretty pink one in the foreground which was really refreshing and sweet.


800 East 3rd Street
Los Angeles 
CA 90013

No comments:

Post a Comment