Thursday, January 19, 2012

Fofo

Fofo is my go to tapas restaurant in Hong Kong. It's convenient location, delicious food, and mouth watering sangria make it a easy favorite amongst my friends. Be prepared for more posts regarding Fofo as I eat there quite frequently and I plan to be more adventurous and try something new each time!

Balic smoked salmon with sour cream and truffle honeyThe smoked salmon was of high quality and it rested upon a dollop of truffle honey, sour cream, and some sort of fruit puree. I felt that the truffle honey was not strong enough but truffle and smoked salmon didn't seem like such a phenomenal combination anyways. Although the smoked salmon was good the dish was not very special and I felt that I didn't need to be at a restaurant to eat this. 

Organic eggs cooked at 62° with crispy potato and onion nest with foie gras and truffle
This dish was delicious and decadent but after a couple of bites it felt too heavy and was no longer enjoyable. The egg was running and the yolk drizzled over the crispy potato and onion nest and this was perfect with the rich thick sliced of seared foie gras. The truffles were not very aromatic at all and the foie gras quality was only so so yet the dish all came together. It was definitely too heavy though so I would only order this if I was with a big group because more than one bite of this luscious dish would make you feel a little overwhelmed. 

Boston lobster juicy rice
The juicy rice is one of my favorite things to order. There are various other flavors but the lobster is the one I always get. You are allowed to get full or half portion which is great! The half portion comes with half a lobster and a substantial amount of rice smothered in a rich creamy lobster sauce. The rice is cooked perfectly (not mushy) and the "juice" is bursting with flavor. A must have! 

Fofo
20/F, M88
2-8 Wellington Street
Central
Hong Kong 

No comments:

Post a Comment