Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Gyotaku

I've been hearing and seeing a lot about this new Japanese restaurants in Central called gyotaku. The one dish that has been particularly catching my attention was the foie gras and wagyu fried rice. I have forgotten some of the names of the dishes for these were taken during the summer and I am quite behind on my posts! I am also going to forgo writing a review for each dish but overall the food was quite good. It was not mind blowing but everything was fresh and cooked well. I felt that the servings were a tad small but you could tell that there was attention to detail and the chefs put a lot of thought and care into the execution of these dishes. We got two types of fried rice and one thing I loved was the poached egg on top of the rice but I felt that the rice could be slightly more flavorful.


Seared toro nigiri


Wagyu and foie gras fried rice 

Uni and scallop fried rice 

Gyotaku 
12/F
11 Stanley Street
Central
Hong Kong

No comments:

Post a Comment