Sunday, August 14, 2016

Osteria Morini

Osteria Morini has an amazing Monday Special where pastas are only $10! Their pastas are utterly divine and it was so hard to decide which one to get. We each got 2 each and left with very happy tummies.

GARGANELLI - Pasta Quills, Cream, Peas, Truffle Butter, Prosciutto 
I usually do not like peas but these were fresh and sweet. The cream sauce was not too heavy but still decadent. I loved this dish. 

CAPPELLETTI - Truffled Ricotta Ravioli, Prosciutto, Butter
This is one of their most popular dishes but it was not my favorite. It is definitely still good but I got a bit tired of the pasta after a bit. Ricotta in pasta isn't my favorite (I prefer gooey cheeses) so maybe that's why! 

TAGLIATELLE - Bolognese Ragu, Parmigiano 
This is what the perfect bolognese would taste like - incredibly hearty and rice. The pasta was also fresh and chewy. Delicious! 
Since this is such a great deal, it is usually a bit difficult to score a reservation here on Mondays but the dishes are also well priced on regular days! I highly recommend Osteria Morini for quality Italian food!

Osteria Morini
218 Lafayette Street
New York 
NY 10012

No comments:

Post a Comment