Saturday, April 23, 2016

Pokeworks

I was always wondering why there was a lack of poke places in New York since I felt that it would be something that New Yorkers would love. Then suddenly a TON of poke places opened up and food blogs are saying that poke bowls are the hottest food trend of 2016! I have yet to try a lot of the other places yet such as Sons of Thunder but will definitely get around to it! Pokeworks was absolutely delicious but I hear the lines are insanely long now because some website ran a special on their poke burrito -_-


Salmon Shisho - Salmon, Green and Sweet Onion, Edamame, Cucumber, Shiso Leaves, Crispy Onion and Garlic, Yuzu Ponzu
The salmon chunks were juicy and very fresh. I loved the tart and refreshing flavor of the yuzu ponzu and the distinct taste of the shiso leaf. Avocado was obviously lovely and creamy and the crispy onion and garlic gave it a great textural contrast and a kick of flavor. 

I loved my meal here and clearly a ton of other people do too! It is inexpensive and keeps you feeling full and healthy. Hopefully the lines will calm down after a while!

Pokeworks
63 W 37th Street
New York
NY 10018

No comments:

Post a Comment