Saturday, April 23, 2016

Katsu-hama

Katsu-hama is a tonkatsu speciality restaurant and I've been meaning to pop by for a while since I love tonkatsu. I thought it was pretty tasty but nothing too special. I've had better katsu don's at regular Japanese restaurants. My ultimate favorite tonkatsu is still Tonkichi in HK but that is far far away right now :( I still need to try out Go Go Curry!

Prawn Katsu 
The prawns were well sized and the breading crispy but slightly too thick. 


Katsudon 
The sauce and onions were well cooked but the pork filet had large chunks of fat which were quite unappealing. I actually prefer the katsudon over at Raku, which also serves amazing udon! 

In general I would not go back but I think it's a decent place for a inexpensive lunch if you work in the area.

Katsu-hana
11 E 47th Street
New York
NY 10017

No comments:

Post a Comment